How We Construct the Finest Inground Pools in Minneapolis St. Paul
The information on this page will help you understand how our top-rated Minnesota pool company builds the highest possible quality into every swimming pool that we design and install. You’ll find actual photos of a typical vinyl inground swimming pool installation. Construction time averages from 2 to 3 weeks. The construction always involves moving a lot of dirt and equipment. Once the installation is complete, though, everything will be cleaned up and you’ll be ready to enjoy your new pool.
Step-by-Step Illustration of Inground Pool Construction
Every step in swimming pool construction is crucial. With Minnesota’s tough winter weather, the durability of your swimming pool depends on top-quality materials, robust structural design, and extreme care throughout construction process. Every step we take contributes to the beauty and long life of your new pool. We never cut corners or do things the easy way. Instead, we build quality into our pools from beginning to end.
The construction of your new vinyl inground pool, complete with decking and other features, usually takes 2 to 3 weeks to complete. In the process, we’ll transform your backyard into an aquatic recreation center. Here are the steps to creating your new pool, as shown in the photo slide show above.
- Laying out the Pool Site – We’ll carefully mark the excavation site with stakes and chalk lines. This is a precise operation, since the excavation must match the pool design exactly.
- Pool Excavation – Using backhoes and other equipment, we will carefully dig a hole for your new pool. Dimensions are constantly checked for this excavation. Precision excavation is essential for best pool quality. Dirt that is removed is placed on the site for backfilling. Any excess dirt will be removed later.
- Installing Pool Walls & Bracing – Heavy galvanized steel sidewalls form the contour of your pool. Our triple bracing system is deeply anchored to protect your pool from movement due to freezing. Not all pool builders in Minnesota use this heavy, anchored triple bracing. Durability and long life are designed into every pool we build.
- Installing Pool Plumbing – All plumbing for the pool is designed for durability and easy maintenance. A mixture of rigid and flexible pipe is installed, using separate lines for each pool connection. Some pool builders skip this multiple pipe plumbing to save money. The result can be very high repair costs. We check every part of the plumbing rigorously as part of our quality-centered attention to detail.
- Installing Pool Pump & Filter – Near the pool, the plumbing system connects to the pump and filter for your pool. We use manifolds with individual valves, to enable isolating individual connections if leaks ever develop. We test the entire system for leaks before proceeding.
- Additional Pool Bracing – While many Minnesota pool companies skip this step, we install additional vertical concrete bracing and concrete foundations around the perimeter. This ties everything together after backfilling and helps protect your pool from ground movements.
- Laying Poolcrete – Poolcrete, a specialized concrete mixture, is mixed right on the site. We place it, using pumps and other methods, as a lining of the entire excavation below the galvanized steel wall panels. While some pool builders skip this important step and just use sand, poolcrete is important. Carefully smoothed and troweled, it provides solid smooth support for the pool’s vinyl liner. It’s an essential step for any high quality Minnesota pool.
- Installing the Pool’s Vinyl Liner – We carefully install the custom-made vinyl liner for your pool. In attaching it to the wall structure, we take extreme care to eliminate all wrinkles or air pockets. This is very specialized work, and our pool liner installers have the long experience needed to do this critical job right.
- Installing Pool Drain & Other Fittings – Drains and all other plumbing fittings that penetrate the liner are meticulously installed. These finish fittings require careful installation to prevent leaks from developing over time.
- Installing Pool Steps & Lighting – Since these features also penetrate the vinyl liner, extreme care is required during installation. If sealing is not done properly, they may not leak at first, but leaks are sure to develop later. Experience and meticulous care is essential.
- Backfilling the Excavation – After a final check of every aspect of the installation, we use some of the dirt removed to carefully backfill around the swimming pool. We leave no voids in the backfill material. This compacted backfill is important in supporting the pool structure.
- Pool Filling – Once backfilling is complete, we begin filling the pool with water. This takes longer than you would think, so we start filling as soon as we can. During that time, we continue to work on the pool’s surroundings. When the pool is full, we test the pump, filter, and circulation system.
- Finishing Your Pool – Installing decking, landscaping, exterior pool features and other design elements continues as the pool fills and until all aspects of your pool are competed. Cleaning up the entire area completely is the final step in building your new swimming pool.
- Pool Enjoyment – Once our skilled crews have completed your pool, it’s ready for you to enjoy. Most of our customers throw a pool party for their family and friends to celebrate their new swimming pool. We know you’ll enjoy it now and for many, many years to come.
Minnesota Most Trusted Swimming Pool Construction Company
Every step in building your new swimming pool is a critical step. Attention to every detail of pool construction and taking extra steps not included by many swimming pool builders in the Minneapolis and St. Paul area is part of our commitment to quality. We believe that your swimming pool should provide problem-free enjoyment throughout its life. In Minnesota’s tough conditions, only high-quality swimming pools, installed by skilled, dedicated craftsmen can live up to your expectations and our standards. Our stellar reputation for swimming pool quality has been built one pool at a time. Every pool we build is a top-quality pool. That’s our promise to every customer. Call us today for a free cost estimate and on-site consultation.