Step-by-Step Guide to Building a Swimming Pool – Minneapolis St. Paul, MN
Turning your dream of owning a backyard pool into reality is an exciting process. You’ve made the decision to build a swimming pool to your home, and you’re eager to get started. Now is the time to begin making the many choices that go into the design of your new swimming pool. Our Minnesota pool company is here to help you understand each of your choices and ready to offer you suggestions and answer every question you will have. We understand that making these decisions takes time. That’s why we never rush you into committing to your new pool’s design. Take your time, consider all of the possibilities, and design a pool that is uniquely yours and that suits your exact needs. We’ll help you every way we can. Here are some of the basic decisions you’ll be making:
- Selecting Your Pool’s Construction Materials
The materials used to build your new pool have everything to do with its cost, durability, appearance and installation. Minnesota has unique requirements for swimming pools, due to our tough winters. Our 30+ years of experience building pools in Minnesota tells us that two types of inground swimming pool materials are best here:
- Vinyl Inground Swimming Pools – The most popular pools we build, vinyl swimming pools combine low initial cost, fast installation, and lasting beauty. Available in a wide range of sizes, shapes, and exciting designs, they are a great choice for most Minnesota homes.
- Concrete or Gunite Inground Swimming Pools – For Twin Cities luxury and upscale homes and commercial properties concrete pools offer infinite design possibilities, a lifetime of durability, and spectacular beauty. We are the Twin Cities leader in concrete pool construction.
- Selecting Your Pool’s Size & Shape
Consider your needs and preferences, the location of your pool, and activities around your pool when thinking about pool size and shape. Don’t forget the decking, entertainment areas and other aspects of life around the pool. Check our Pool Photo Gallery for ideas. We can build your swimming pool in a variety of shapes, including:
- Rectangular Pools – Always popular, these classic designs are a perfect fit for many backyards. Affordable to build and ideal for swimming enjoyment, a concrete or vinyl rectangular pool may be the perfect choice for you.
- L-Shaped Pools – If your swimming pool will serve many uses, an L-shaped pool may be the answer. Available in many variations, they add interest to any yard and are popular with families and support many poolside activities.
- Round Pools – A beautiful round swimming pool can fit even in small, square spaces, and are ideal for poolside lounging and relaxing in the water. A round-shaped swimming pool can go where other pools can’t.
- Oval Pools – This classic pool shape has many variations, including kidney-shaped and figure-8 pools. All are pool designs that add visual interest, provide intimate nooks and offer many entertainment possibilities.
- Custom Pool Shapes – The sky is the limit with today’s vinyl and concrete inground pools. Create your own shape to match your taste and ideas, and our creative swimming pool company can build it for you.
- Choose Your Pool’s Operating Equipment
Every swimming pool includes a variety of technology to support its use. Pumps, filters, water purification systems, heaters and other systems keep your water clean, pure, and comfortable. You can choose from a wide range of top-quality Hayward pool equipment, and we’ll help you select the right equipment for your needs and budget:
- Standard Pool Equipment – Low in cost and operated manually, standard Hayward pool equipment offers maximum quality at a price that can suit even the tightest budget. You will spend a little more time maintaining your pool, but the cost savings often make that more than worthwhile.
- Automated Pool Equipment – Today’s automated pool equipment technology lets you spend your time enjoying your swimming pool, rather than thinking about pool chores. Choosing these options may cost more at first, but the time you save will give you more time in the pool than working on it.
- Choose Exciting Pool Options
Once you’ve made your basic pool choices, it’s time to choose optional features. You can choose just one or two features, or go all out and turn your pool into a full-featured destination for you, your family, and your guests. We’ll be glad to show you a full range of amenities to make your swimming pool uniquely yours, including:
- Water Features – From dancing jets of water to complete rocky waterfalls, moving water adds drama and excitement to your pool experience.
- Pool Lighting – Underwater and above-ground lighting options can create any mood you want for long evenings spent around the pool.
- Pool Accessories – Diving boards, water slides, automatic safety covers, in-pool seating, or even a custom spa can be added to your pool for more enjoyment.
- Create Beautiful Poolside Surroundings
Your pool is the centerpiece of your outdoor recreation environment. The area around your pool is part of the overall design, and contributes greatly to your enjoyment and pleasure. Choosing decking materials and designs, along with other features is a great way to customize your new swimming pool. Some options include:
- Concrete Decking – Affordable, durable, and popular with many pool owners, concrete decking offers support for a wide range of poolside activities. Add beauty with exposed aggregate finishes and more.
- Wood Decking – You can easily create a multi-level deck designs that combine with other materials to create a warm, welcoming gathering place for friends and family.
- Tile Decking – Luxurious and easy to keep looking beautiful, tile decking is available in a vast array of designs, sizes, and styles to match or contrast with your pool design. Tile decking is very popular with concrete pools.
- Landscaping & Fencing – There are no limits to what you can do around your swimming pool. Create any mood or environment by selecting features to match your vision.
Premier Swimming Pool Builder in Minneapolis St. Paul, MN
As you explore all of the possibilities on our website, your vision for a new pool will become clearer and clearer. Start the process of making that vision a reality by calling our Minnesota pool contractor, or stop by our convenient, beautiful swimming pool store. We offer a free, no-obligation pool consultation and cost estimate at your home or property. Let us show you the complete range of possibilities for your new swimming pool. How much your pool will cost will depend on the choices you make, and we’ll help you create a beautiful pool that matches both your budget and your concept. At every stage, we’ll show you a full range of choices and options, answer all of your questions, and let you make the decisions that work best for you. At our Twin Cities swimming pool company, we build only high quality pools in every price range. Call us today to get started on your new swimming pool and let us show you the possibilities.