Inground Swimming Pool Maintenance Requirements – Minneapolis St. Paul, MN
Our swimming pool experts and consultants handle wide range of questions from prospective inground pool owners. One of the most frequent questions they hear is: “How much time will I have to spend maintaining my swimming pool?” It’s a very good question. The answer we give is that today’s swimming pools, equipped with available automatic features, keep regular maintenance chores to a minimum. On a regular basis, pool owners can expect to spend less than an hour a week working on their pool. For most owners, this regular maintenance is no hardship. It is a source of pride to have a sparkling, clean and safe swimming pool for their families and guests to enjoy.
Every swimming pool requires a certain amount of maintenance. In the past, that regular maintenance could take up a good deal of time. Today, though, automatic systems can handle much of the hard work, leaving just a few basic chores that need to be done on a daily or weekly basis. There are also two major maintenance processes that occur each year. Opening your swimming pool in the spring, and closing it in the late fall involve some time to complete. Some pool owners do their own opening and closing chores, but many rely on a professional pool company like ours to handle these important tasks. Here’s a rundown on swimming pool maintenance tasks, along with ways that pool automation cuts them down to size:
- Swimming Pool Cleaning – This was once a big chore, but is simplified by today’s highly affordable advanced pool automation systems. Automatic pool covers make it easy to keep your pool covered when not in use, and keep leaves and other debris out of your pool. Skimmers installed in today’s pools remove floating debris constantly. Automatic pool cleaners patrol the bottom of your pool, vacuuming out debris. A little hand skimming and brushing, along with regular emptying of skimmer baskets is pretty much all that owners of well-equipped pools have to do. Keeping the area around the pool clean is an easy job, too.
- Swimming Pool Water Testing – At one time, this was a more complicated job than it is today. Modern saltwater pool purification systems automatically maintain proper chlorine levels. Simple water tests now take just minutes and correcting water quality issues is much simpler than it once was.
- Maintaining Proper Water Levels – Replacing water lost through evaporation is a regular job. If done frequently, it takes little time, and no more equipment than your garden hose. Automatic pool covers minimize evaporation losses, too, making this job even easier. Investing in an automatic pool cover when your pool is installed or at any time really helps to cut your pool maintenance time down to size.
- Swimming Pool Filter Cleaning – Occasionally, swimming pool filters need cleaning. Simple, occasional back-flushing handles this job for sand and diatomaceous earth filters, and cartridge filters just need to have the filter cartridge hosed off a couple of times per season. Neither job takes much time.
- Swimming Pool Openings & Closings – These two swimming pool maintenance jobs are the most time-consuming and require the most work and knowledge. The opening and closing process depends on your particular swimming pool and its features. Some pool owners opt to handle these chores themselves, and our swimming pool company provides opening and closing instructions for every pool we build. For many pool owners, though, having pool technicians from our Twin Cities swimming pool maintenance team perform pool openings and closings is the best answer. At a very reasonable cost, we handle this multi-step job properly and efficiently, assuring you that no steps are missed. It also lets our experienced technicians spot any developing problems with your pool systems so we can correct them before expensive problems can occur.
Simplifying Swimming Pool Maintenance for Minnesota Pool Owners
During the planning process for every new swimming pool, the experienced pool experts at our Minneapolis St. Paul swimming pool company can answer all of your questions about regular swimming pool maintenance chores. They’ll also explain how affordable swimming pool automation options help to minimize those chores. From automatic pool covers and pool cleaning equipment to today’s salt water swimming pool water purification systems, your swimming pool experience can be simplified and even more enjoyable. When considering these options, you’ll see that minimizing pool maintenance chores adds real value to your swimming pool experience at a low cost that repays itself over the life of your pool. Call us today to discuss your swimming pool plans, and let us show you every option available. You won’t get high-pressure sales tactics. We’ll give you all of the information and let you make the decisions that are right for you.